KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Lifeguards are still being hired for the new aquatics center in Kingsport.
We checked and learned 75 lifeguards are needed for the new center.
The assistant to the city manager in Kingsport Chris McCartt says more than 100 people have applied for the jobs. "We are still in the process of interviewing, hiring and training some. We're probably somewhere in the neighborhood of halfway there, however we've got a large pool of applicants that we're still going through," adds McCartt.
The lifeguard positions are part-time and pay about $8.00 an hour. Lifeguards already certified can be hired sooner than people who still have to get certifications.
The new aquatics center is set to open May 17.
We're told there is still time to apply for jobs. For more information visit: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/kingsport/default.cfm
- Updated Black Lives Matter rally crasher no longer enrolled at ETSU, attorney issues statement
- New Man accused of branding wife with hot knife appears in court
- Updated Man who penned famous Oscar Mayer jingle dies in Illinois
- Updated UPDATE: Item on Tweetsie Trail was geocaching box; trail reopens
- Updated Jonesborough police chief issues brief statement after being placed on leave