KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The 2014 Tennessee Regional Legislative Breakfast took place Friday morning at the Meadowview Marriot in Kingsport.
Lawmakers talked about ways to fight crime.
Lieutenant governor Ron Ramsey says gun control is a hot topic. "We passed a bill last year that allowed law-abiding citizens with gun carry permits to be able to keep their firearm in their car no matter where they work, even at work," he said. "The attorney general issued an opinion last year that [employers] could still fire you for having a firearm in your vehicle."
The lieutenant governor says he got another opinion that says Tennessee is an at-will state, and that measure goes against the Constitution.
They also talked about ways to fight the drug problem and the tax benefits of having wine for sale in grocery stores.
We'll have more about the meeting coming up online and on News 5 WCYB.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million