KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department released the following information for residents about the incoming winter storm:
"The United States National Weather Service has issued a Winter Storm Warning in effect from 1:00 PM on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 until 1:00 PM on Thursday, February 13, 2014.
Significant snowfall accumulations of between 5 and 10 inches will be possible. Snow is expected to begin Wednesday afternoon and continue through Thursday morning. Driving and walking will be dangerous on untreated roadways and sidewalks. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibility.
Travel is strongly discouraged. Unless you have a critical need to be out, please stay home.
If travel is unavoidable, keep an extra flashlight, blanket, food and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The Kingsport Police Department has taken extra steps to be prepared to respond to weather related incidents."
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Search underway for endangered child and suspected kidnapper
- ETSU protest crasher appears in court, peaceful rally continues on campus
- Tennessee Highway Patrol alerts drivers about gunshots on I-81