KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport mother will avoid jail time after pleading guilty to attempting to commit aggravated child abuse.
Back in January of 2013, Eva Ledford was charged with aggravated assault after her six-year-old was taken to the hospital with a puncture wound near her mouth.
Ledford pleaded guilty Wednesday and was given supervised probation.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated