KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport mother will avoid jail time after pleading guilty to attempting to commit aggravated child abuse.
Back in January of 2013, Eva Ledford was charged with aggravated assault after her six-year-old was taken to the hospital with a puncture wound near her mouth.
Ledford pleaded guilty Wednesday and was given supervised probation.
- Kingsport native identified as victim in Washington state mall shooting
- Local donors, recipients talk about impact of organ and tissue donation
- Bristol Virginia council votes to borrow another three million for The Falls
- Officials hope to get more millennials voting in this presidential election
- Local mental health court to soon hit major milestone