A Kingsport woman is facing arson charges after she admitted to setting a fire in her apartment.
Kingsport police tell us they responded to a fire at 1401 Stratford Road around two o'clock Tuesday.
Firefighters put out a fire in the top floor of one of the apartment units.
At the time, police say Julia Sherman told them she had just arrived home to find the fire, then called 911.
Police say Sherman later admitted to setting the fire in a closet, and then calling police.
Sherman is now charged with aggravated arson.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day