A Kingsport woman is facing arson charges after she admitted to setting a fire in her apartment.
Kingsport police tell us they responded to a fire at 1401 Stratford Road around two o'clock Tuesday.
Firefighters put out a fire in the top floor of one of the apartment units.
At the time, police say Julia Sherman told them she had just arrived home to find the fire, then called 911.
Police say Sherman later admitted to setting the fire in a closet, and then calling police.
Sherman is now charged with aggravated arson.
- New Virginia offenders raising tilapia in pilot program
- Police: Son kills father, self in front of wife, mother
- Slain Virginia officer was a father of 3, former Marine
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power