KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport woman who told police her prescriptions were stolen is now facing charges herself.
Here's what we know -- Kingsport police tell us Tina Adams admitted to lying to police about her prescriptions being stolen.
Police say she told them she needed to file a police report for the stolen medicines so she could get a new prescription. Police later found out they were never stolen.
Adams is scheduled to appear in court October 30.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson