KINGSPORT, Tenn. - John Sevier Middle School was evacuated Tuesday afternoon while authorities investigated a suspicious noise.
Contrary to some rumors currently circulating, no bomb threat occurred at the school. The Kingsport Police Department simply wanted to use an abundance of caution after hearing an unidentified sound inside the building before allowing students return.
Students and teachers returned to class shortly after the search.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria