KINGSPORT, Tenn. - John Sevier Middle School was evacuated Tuesday afternoon while authorities investigated a suspicious noise.
Contrary to some rumors currently circulating, no bomb threat occurred at the school. The Kingsport Police Department simply wanted to use an abundance of caution after hearing an unidentified sound inside the building before allowing students return.
Students and teachers returned to class shortly after the search.
- Sheriff: Social media rumors concerning Northwood High School being investigated
- Gone without a trace, Honaker man missing for a week
- Bogus Bills Bust: Washington County TN nab another counterfeit cash criminal
- Local healthcare leaders, educators discuss upcoming changes to Affordable Care Act
- For Weston: 'Feed the Fire' honors Kingsport boy's dream