KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police tell us Riverport Road is closed for the rest of Friday after a tractor-trailer broke three utility poles.
It happened around 11 a.m. on Friday, closing the road between South Wilcox and Manor Drive. Appalachian Power's website shows the accident has cut power to about 1,200 customers.
Police say the tractor-trailer was traveling through a parking lot when it caught power lines above, causing three poles to break.
Police tell us crews have been working to restore outages. They tell us no one was injured.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson