KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police tell us Riverport Road is closed for the rest of Friday after a tractor-trailer broke three utility poles.
It happened around 11 a.m. on Friday, closing the road between South Wilcox and Manor Drive. Appalachian Power's website shows the accident has cut power to about 1,200 customers.
Police say the tractor-trailer was traveling through a parking lot when it caught power lines above, causing three poles to break.
Police tell us crews have been working to restore outages. They tell us no one was injured.
- Updated Firefighters battle Scott County house fire
- GOP opens new campaign spot in Washington County Tennessee
- Johnson City hosts first Kidney Foundation charity walk in the region
- Virginia State Police investigate deadly motorcycle crash
- Blood drive honors recovering Volunteer Parkway shooting victim