KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police tell us Riverport Road is closed for the rest of Friday after a tractor-trailer broke three utility poles.
It happened around 11 a.m. on Friday, closing the road between South Wilcox and Manor Drive. Appalachian Power's website shows the accident has cut power to about 1,200 customers.
Police say the tractor-trailer was traveling through a parking lot when it caught power lines above, causing three poles to break.
Police tell us crews have been working to restore outages. They tell us no one was injured.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project