KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police tell us Riverport Road is closed for the rest of Friday after a tractor-trailer broke three utility poles.
It happened around 11 a.m. on Friday, closing the road between South Wilcox and Manor Drive. Appalachian Power's website shows the accident has cut power to about 1,200 customers.
Police say the tractor-trailer was traveling through a parking lot when it caught power lines above, causing three poles to break.
Police tell us crews have been working to restore outages. They tell us no one was injured.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway