KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police tell us Riverport Road is closed for the rest of Friday after a tractor-trailer broke three utility poles.
It happened around 11 a.m. on Friday, closing the road between South Wilcox and Manor Drive. Appalachian Power's website shows the accident has cut power to about 1,200 customers.
Police say the tractor-trailer was traveling through a parking lot when it caught power lines above, causing three poles to break.
Police tell us crews have been working to restore outages. They tell us no one was injured.
- Updated Southwest Virginia man dies after being hit by car
- Hawkins EMS remains only service during feasibility study
- College students voice opinions on presidential debate
- Bristol, Tenn. household divided over presidential election
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire