KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Streets & Sanitation Division of the Kingsport Public Works Department is readying for Spring Clean Up Weeks to be held April 8 through April 19.
As part of this effort, the City will collect free-of-charge trash, white goods such as stoves and kitchen appliances, tires and other unwanted or scrap items that any resident may need to get out of their garage and out of their way with the arrival of spring.
Last year, Streets & Sanitation collected 659.6 tons of garbage, 569.71 tons of trash and 51.44 tons of recyclables during Clean Up weeks.
In order to participate, a resident simply needs to make sure that trash, including yard waste, brush, bulky items, box springs, mattresses, furniture, appliances, small amounts of wood, brick, and block as well as up to four tires which must be off their rims, will be collected on the resident's regularly scheduled trash day.
Please note, fees will be applied for contractor generated waste that was not removed as a part of a renovation or other household project.
For more information on permissible items for disposal or to determine your regularly scheduled pick up day please call Streets & Sanitation at 423-229-9451.
- New Poll: 51 percent of Tennesseans approve of Trump's job performance
- UPDATE: Suspected Kingsport killer gets $250K bond
- Dirty dancing: Caretaker charged for naughty dance in front of dementia patient
- Haslam: First vote on gas tax won't signal final version
- Jimmy Fallon donates thousands to his high school