KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Police have a warning about some door-to-door salespeople who may be showing up at your house.
Kingsport Police told News 5 WCYB people have been complaining about salespersons from Midwest Circulation, LLC and KLMN Readers Incorporated going door-to-door selling magazines.
Police say both business do not have the proper city business permits. They also tell us that both companies have questionable business histories.
Tom Patton with Kingsport Police said, "They are from out of state. A search with the Better Business Bureau has determined that on a rating of 'A+' to 'F'. Both of these companies received an 'F', rating which is the worst possible rating."
Patton said that during the investigation one of the salespeople was arrested on an outstanding warrant form another jurisdiction.
Police urge you to be careful when opening the door to someone you don't know, and research the company before buying anything.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017