KINGSPORT, Tenn. - (Released for publication) On June 23, 2014, shortly before 8:00 PM, a pedestrian, Michael K. Locke, was killed when a suspected D.U.I. driver struck him as he was standing on the shoulder of a Fort Henry Drive Bridge just north of Sonic Drive-In, located at 3845 Fort Henry Drive in Kingsport.
To view the original K.P.D. e-News Release on this fatal collision, visit the following link:
Investigators have already spoken with numerous individuals who witnessed various elements of this incident. However, the Kingsport Police Department is reaching out to the community in hopes of locating four very specific witnesses who could be of potential value in this investigation.
At almost the exact same time as the fatal collision, area traffic cameras captured four different vehicles traveling southbound on Fort Henry Drive, passing through the Moreland Drive intersection. As this intersection is within one-tenth of a mile of the scene of the crash, these vehicles were almost certainly passing through the scene at the time Mr. Locke was hit, and the drivers could have potentially witnessed what transpired. These four vehicles include:
1) A dark colored Chevrolet 4-door sedan
2) A dark colored Ford Mustang
3) A red Ford F-250 pickup
4) A two-tone dark color over silver Mitsubishi Montero sport utility vehicle
Anyone who drives a vehicle similar to these described above who was in the area of Fort Henry Drive at Moreland Drive shortly before 8:00 PM on Monday, June 23, 2014 is asked to please contact the K.P.D. Traffic Unit at 423-224-2750 or Kingsport Central Dispatch at 423-246-9111 as soon as possible.
- Updated Virginia outperforms most states on national science tests
- Updated Warm and dry weather this week causes higher fire danger
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University