KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department is participating in a state wide campaign to remind drivers to buckle up before they hit the road.
It's part of the Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office Seatbelts Are For Everyone (SAFE) campaign. It runs until August 1st.
Kingsport police tell us their goal is to increase seat belt usage rates to at least 90%
In order to achieve that goal, Kingsport police will be stepping up enforcement efforts and educating drivers about the importance of wearing a seat belt.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day