KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department is participating in a state wide campaign to remind drivers to buckle up before they hit the road.
It's part of the Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office Seatbelts Are For Everyone (SAFE) campaign. It runs until August 1st.
Kingsport police tell us their goal is to increase seat belt usage rates to at least 90%
In order to achieve that goal, Kingsport police will be stepping up enforcement efforts and educating drivers about the importance of wearing a seat belt.
- Updated State Police: Man killed in Wise County, VA crash
- New Former Derby, Preakness winner Charismatic dies
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy