KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department is participating in a state wide campaign to remind drivers to buckle up before they hit the road.
It's part of the Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office Seatbelts Are For Everyone (SAFE) campaign. It runs until August 1st.
Kingsport police tell us their goal is to increase seat belt usage rates to at least 90%
In order to achieve that goal, Kingsport police will be stepping up enforcement efforts and educating drivers about the importance of wearing a seat belt.
- IN LIKE A LION: Potential for strong storms on Wednesday
- BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia