KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department is participating in a state wide campaign to remind drivers to buckle up before they hit the road.
It's part of the Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office Seatbelts Are For Everyone (SAFE) campaign. It runs until August 1st.
Kingsport police tell us their goal is to increase seat belt usage rates to at least 90%
In order to achieve that goal, Kingsport police will be stepping up enforcement efforts and educating drivers about the importance of wearing a seat belt.
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated