KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will pause Monday afternoon to remember officers killed in the line of duty in honor of National Police Week.
The service will remember and honor local officers who have died while on the force, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation.
Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address.
Other local law enforcement leaders will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. at the Kingsport Justice Center.
A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- Updated Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane