KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will pause Monday afternoon to remember officers killed in the line of duty in honor of National Police Week.
The service will remember and honor local officers who have died while on the force, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation.
Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address.
Other local law enforcement leaders will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. at the Kingsport Justice Center.
A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- Tennessee general fund revenues beat projections by $159M
- Georgia firefighter dies after weekend accident on job
- Report: Suicides increase in Tennessee
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting