KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will pause Monday afternoon to remember officers killed in the line of duty in honor of National Police Week.
The service will remember and honor local officers who have died while on the force, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation.
Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address.
Other local law enforcement leaders will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. at the Kingsport Justice Center.
A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities