KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Police Department will pause Monday afternoon to remember officers killed in the line of duty in honor of National Police Week.
The service will remember and honor local officers who have died while on the force, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation.
Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address.
Other local law enforcement leaders will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. at the Kingsport Justice Center.
A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- Pastor's wife charged with embezzling from church in Kingsport
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- Updated VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all