KINGSPORT, Tenn. - On February 20th, the Kingsport Police Department announced it would be holding a DUI checkpoint on the night of Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
Today, Chief Dale Farmer released the results.
Farmer says officers made one DUI arrest and placed 32 other charges. In total, 193 vehicles were checked.
The Kingsport Police Department says this was an effort to reduce drunk driving and reduce crashes. The check point was held from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day