KINGSPORT, Tenn. - On February 20th, the Kingsport Police Department announced it would be holding a DUI checkpoint on the night of Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
Today, Chief Dale Farmer released the results.
Farmer says officers made one DUI arrest and placed 32 other charges. In total, 193 vehicles were checked.
The Kingsport Police Department says this was an effort to reduce drunk driving and reduce crashes. The check point was held from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting