KINGSPORT, Tenn. - On February 20th, the Kingsport Police Department announced it would be holding a DUI checkpoint on the night of Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
Today, Chief Dale Farmer released the results.
Farmer says officers made one DUI arrest and placed 32 other charges. In total, 193 vehicles were checked.
The Kingsport Police Department says this was an effort to reduce drunk driving and reduce crashes. The check point was held from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend