KINGSPORT, Tenn. - On February 20th, the Kingsport Police Department announced it would be holding a DUI checkpoint on the night of Saturday, March 2nd, 2013.
Today, Chief Dale Farmer released the results.
Farmer says officers made one DUI arrest and placed 32 other charges. In total, 193 vehicles were checked.
The Kingsport Police Department says this was an effort to reduce drunk driving and reduce crashes. The check point was held from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial