KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police are investigating the stabbing death of a man.
Officers found Stephen Chastain, 22, dead from apparent stab wounds at Allen Creek Apartments on 411 Allen Drive about 1:15 a.m. Friday.
Vonda Kinser, who lives in Allen Creek told News 5 she just returned home from work and was in her apartment doing laundry when she heard a lot of noise outside.
"I heard a bunch of sirens and I looked out cause they were close and I saw a firetruck and ambulance and several police cars and detective cars," said Kinser.
"I came outside to see what was happening and I heard a lot of screaming and yelling."
Police will present the case to a Sullivan County Grand Jury to decide if any charges will be filed against a possible suspect.
News 5 WCYB is not releasing the name of the man police believe stabbed Chastain because he has not been charged with any crime.
- Updated Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate
- Shop sells shirts to raise $40K for fallen officer's family
- Case of Greene Co. man accused in shooting sent to grand jury