KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police are investigating the stabbing death of a man.
Officers found Stephen Chastain, 22, dead from apparent stab wounds at Allen Creek Apartments on 411 Allen Drive about 1:15 a.m. Friday.
Vonda Kinser, who lives in Allen Creek told News 5 she just returned home from work and was in her apartment doing laundry when she heard a lot of noise outside.
"I heard a bunch of sirens and I looked out cause they were close and I saw a firetruck and ambulance and several police cars and detective cars," said Kinser.
"I came outside to see what was happening and I heard a lot of screaming and yelling."
Police will present the case to a Sullivan County Grand Jury to decide if any charges will be filed against a possible suspect.
News 5 WCYB is not releasing the name of the man police believe stabbed Chastain because he has not been charged with any crime.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death