KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police have filed new charges against a man accused of being a serial stalker for years.
Officers arrested Albert Joseph Toronjo on Friday. He is now charged with stalking, assault, aggravated criminal trespass, an theft of property less than $500.
He is being held at the Kingsport City Jail, but officers warn if he gets out of jail on bond again, he could continue more crimes.
On May 15th police warned people to be wary of a man who's suspected of stalking as many as 50 victims.
Kingsport Police say some people reported Toronjo claimed to be a handyman in search of work.
Two of those cases lead to the criminal charges against Toronjo.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting