KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police will hold a police memorial service to commemorate National Police Week on Monday.
The service will remember and honor local fallen officers, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation. Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address, and Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson and Scott County, Virginia Sheriff John Puckett will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. Monday, at the Kingsport Justice Center, located on Shelby Street in downtown Kinsgport. A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway