KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police will hold a police memorial service to commemorate National Police Week on Monday.
The service will remember and honor local fallen officers, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation. Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address, and Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson and Scott County, Virginia Sheriff John Puckett will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. Monday, at the Kingsport Justice Center, located on Shelby Street in downtown Kinsgport. A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- New UPDATE: Keene sentenced to 60 years
- Convicted cop killer lingering on death row, costly to taxpayers
- Bristol, Va., woman charged with malicious wounding
- Man convicted of vehicular homicide by intoxication denied new trial
- Former Norton parks and recreation supervisor to plead guilty in sex scandal