KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police will hold a police memorial service to commemorate National Police Week on Monday.
The service will remember and honor local fallen officers, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation. Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address, and Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson and Scott County, Virginia Sheriff John Puckett will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. Monday, at the Kingsport Justice Center, located on Shelby Street in downtown Kinsgport. A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests