KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport Police will hold a police memorial service to commemorate National Police Week on Monday.
The service will remember and honor local fallen officers, as well as fallen officers throughout the nation. Kingsport's Chief of Police, David Quillen, will deliver the keynote address, and Sullivan County Sheriff Wayne Anderson and Scott County, Virginia Sheriff John Puckett will also speak.
The service begins at 4:00 p.m. Monday, at the Kingsport Justice Center, located on Shelby Street in downtown Kinsgport. A candlelight vigil will follow at 8:00 p.m.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend