KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police chief Gale Osborne is announcing his intent to retire after six years in command.
Chief Osborne's retirement will go in effect May 17. We're told the retirement comes so he can assist in caring for his mother.
Deputy police chief David Quillin, who oversees police operations, will serve as interim police chief.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane