KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport police chief Gale Osborne is announcing his intent to retire after six years in command.
Chief Osborne's retirement will go in effect May 17. We're told the retirement comes so he can assist in caring for his mother.
Deputy police chief David Quillin, who oversees police operations, will serve as interim police chief.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday