KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport is ringing in the New Year with a list of projects they are hoping to complete before the end of the year.
We were told their goal is to finish the road projects they currently have on Cleek Road, Sullivan Street and Rock Springs Road.
The biggest project they are planning to complete is the aquatic center, which is set to open in May.
We spoke to the city manager John Campbell who told us they have a lengthy laundry list, but have no doubts they'll be able to cross a few off. "Looking back on 2012 we were kind of surprised how much staff had been done, but we have a lot more to keep doing, be proactive about it," said Campbell.
We also learned they are in the beginning stages of several connection roads to make travel easier for their residents.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities