SULLIVAN COUNTY, Tenn. - A Sullivan County grand jury cleared the Kingsport Police Department of any wrong doing in an inmate death.
Michael Baker was found unresponsive in his cell at the city jail a day after being arrested on vandalism charges back in November 2013.
He was taken to the hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
An autopsy ruled he died from a medical condition related to drug use.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting