KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The Kingsport Streets & Sanitation Division of the Kingsport Public Works Department is readying for Spring Clean Up Weeks to be held April 8 through April 19.
In a press release, the city says as part of this effort, the City will collect free-of-charge trash, goods such as stoves and kitchen appliances, tires and other unwanted or scrap items that any resident may need to get out of their garage and out of their way with the arrival of spring.
Last year, Streets & Sanitation collected 659.6 tons of garbage, 569.71 tons of trash and 51.44 tons of recyclables during Clean Up weeks.
In order to participate, a resident simply needs to make sure that trash, including yard waste, brush, bulky items, box springs, mattresses, furniture, appliances, small amounts of wood, brick, and block as well as up to four tires which must be off their rims, will be collected on the resident's regularly scheduled trash day. They say fees will be applied for contractor generated waste that was not removed as a part of a renovation or other household project.
For more information on permissible items for disposal or to determine your regularly scheduled pick up day please call Streets & Sanitation at 423-229-9451.
- Death toll from Sevier County wildfires increases to 14
- Updated Comptroller critical of Washington County, TN Sheriff's Office
- Kingsport man wanted for violent attack on female victim and cat
- Police searching for man suspected in 2 Kingsport burglaries
- Police: Fake news story led gunman to popular DC pizzeria