KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man who led Scott County deputies and Virginia State Police on a high-speed chase in 2013 was sentenced Thursday.
Two Virginia State Troopers were injured during that chase.
Judge John Kilgore sentenced Jason Byrns to 94 years in prison, but suspended 34 years.
Byrns was charged with aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of assault on a law enforcement officer and drug charges.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day