KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man who led Scott County deputies and Virginia State Police on a high-speed chase in 2013 was sentenced Thursday.
Two Virginia State Troopers were injured during that chase.
Judge John Kilgore sentenced Jason Byrns to 94 years in prison, but suspended 34 years.
Byrns was charged with aggravated malicious wounding, three counts of assault on a law enforcement officer and drug charges.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend