KNOXVILLE, TENN - A Kingsport man is dead after an agricultural accident that happened southwest of Knoxville.
According to the McMinn County Sheriff's Department, 63-year-old Billy Dougherty, of Kingsport was unloading grain into a silo at a farm this morning.
Dougherty was attempting to blow feed grain from his tanker truck into a feed silo when the truck's boom came in contact with power lines.
The tanker truck quickly burst into flames, trapping Dougherty.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next