KNOXVILLE, TENN - A Kingsport man is dead after an agricultural accident that happened southwest of Knoxville.
According to the McMinn County Sheriff's Department, 63-year-old Billy Dougherty, of Kingsport was unloading grain into a silo at a farm this morning.
Dougherty was attempting to blow feed grain from his tanker truck into a feed silo when the truck's boom came in contact with power lines.
The tanker truck quickly burst into flames, trapping Dougherty.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day