KNOXVILLE, TENN - A Kingsport man is dead after an agricultural accident that happened southwest of Knoxville.
According to the McMinn County Sheriff's Department, 63-year-old Billy Dougherty, of Kingsport was unloading grain into a silo at a farm this morning.
Dougherty was attempting to blow feed grain from his tanker truck into a feed silo when the truck's boom came in contact with power lines.
The tanker truck quickly burst into flames, trapping Dougherty.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect