KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local man is awaiting his next court appearance after being charged in a deadly 2013 crash in Kingsport.
Kingsport Police say Jeremy Sturgill of Jonesville, Virginia had a child in his car when he ran a red light at the intersection of Fort Henry Drive and Thornton Drive.
Police say his SUV hit a car driven by Melissa Lambert, whose car hit two other cars. She later died.
Sturgill faced seven criminal charges Monday, including vehicular homicide by an intoxicated person and reckless aggravated assault.
He's out of jail on a $100,000 bond.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect