KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local man is awaiting his next court appearance after being charged in a deadly 2013 crash in Kingsport.
Kingsport Police say Jeremy Sturgill of Jonesville, Virginia had a child in his car when he ran a red light at the intersection of Fort Henry Drive and Thornton Drive.
Police say his SUV hit a car driven by Melissa Lambert, whose car hit two other cars. She later died.
Sturgill faced seven criminal charges Monday, including vehicular homicide by an intoxicated person and reckless aggravated assault.
He's out of jail on a $100,000 bond.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next