KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local man is awaiting his next court appearance after being charged in a deadly 2013 crash in Kingsport.
Kingsport Police say Jeremy Sturgill of Jonesville, Virginia had a child in his car when he ran a red light at the intersection of Fort Henry Drive and Thornton Drive.
Police say his SUV hit a car driven by Melissa Lambert, whose car hit two other cars. She later died.
Sturgill faced seven criminal charges Monday, including vehicular homicide by an intoxicated person and reckless aggravated assault.
He's out of jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Updated Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator
- Man with bladed gloves, clown makeup held in Denver stabbing
- US Postal Service issues new Thoreau stamp at Walden Pond
- Derby Day event raises $31,000 for hunger prevention programs in Greene Co.
- Philadelphia man who spent 24 years in prison is exonerated