KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local man is awaiting his next court appearance after being charged in a deadly 2013 crash in Kingsport.
Kingsport Police say Jeremy Sturgill of Jonesville, Virginia had a child in his car when he ran a red light at the intersection of Fort Henry Drive and Thornton Drive.
Police say his SUV hit a car driven by Melissa Lambert, whose car hit two other cars. She later died.
Sturgill faced seven criminal charges Monday, including vehicular homicide by an intoxicated person and reckless aggravated assault.
He's out of jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting