KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A local man is awaiting his next court appearance after being charged in a deadly 2013 crash in Kingsport.
Kingsport Police say Jeremy Sturgill of Jonesville, Virginia had a child in his car when he ran a red light at the intersection of Fort Henry Drive and Thornton Drive.
Police say his SUV hit a car driven by Melissa Lambert, whose car hit two other cars. She later died.
Sturgill faced seven criminal charges Monday, including vehicular homicide by an intoxicated person and reckless aggravated assault.
He's out of jail on a $100,000 bond.
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School
- Healthcare insurance rates to spike in 2017