KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is charged with raping a child.
According to the arrest affidavit, police accuse Michael Bear of raping an 8-9 year-old child, who was known to him.
Officers say when the child was at Bear's home, he enticed the child to his room with candy and pennies.
Detectives say he then raped the child, and exposed himself. The affidavit goes on to state that Bear even threatened the child not to tell anyone, or he would hurt them.
The alleged victim eventually told an adult and Bear was arrested.
He's charged with rape of a child.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death