KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is charged with raping a child.
According to the arrest affidavit, police accuse Michael Bear of raping an 8-9 year-old child, who was known to him.
Officers say when the child was at Bear's home, he enticed the child to his room with candy and pennies.
Detectives say he then raped the child, and exposed himself. The affidavit goes on to state that Bear even threatened the child not to tell anyone, or he would hurt them.
The alleged victim eventually told an adult and Bear was arrested.
He's charged with rape of a child.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities