KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is charged with raping a child.
According to the arrest affidavit, police accuse Michael Bear of raping an 8-9 year-old child, who was known to him.
Officers say when the child was at Bear's home, he enticed the child to his room with candy and pennies.
Detectives say he then raped the child, and exposed himself. The affidavit goes on to state that Bear even threatened the child not to tell anyone, or he would hurt them.
The alleged victim eventually told an adult and Bear was arrested.
He's charged with rape of a child.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day