KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An investigation into a shooting leads to assault and drug charges for a Kingsport man.
Kingsport police tell us it all started Friday afternoon when officers responded to reports of shots fired near the intersection of McCoy Street and Virginia Street.
Witnesses said they heard several gunshots and then saw a gold car leave the area.
Police tell News 5, their investigation led them to Brandon Salomon as a suspect. They believe he got into a confrontation with someone who lived on McCoy Street when he was trying to get a license plate off a vehicle he had sold to her. Police say Salomon then fired several shots at that person's vehicle, hitting the car at least once.
We're told, when they went to arrest Salomon Monday they found him at his home along with about three-fourths a pound of marijuana, more than $600 cash, a loaded rifle and drug paraphernalia.
Salomon now faces several charges, including aggravated assault as well as possession of over ½ ounce of a schedule VI drug within 1000 feet of a city park, maintaining a dwelling where narcotics are used, stored, or sold, and possession of unlawful drug paraphernalia.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway