A Kingsport man is facing felony reckless endangerment and assault charges after being accused of firing at least three shots at a car with a juvenile and a woman inside.
According to authorities, a juvenile told police on Thursday that he was walking in the vicinity of Borden Park in Kingsport when he heard someone call his name. He turned and saw Tyrone Charles Taylor coming toward him. The juvenile said that Taylor had made prior threats to shoot him.
Police said the juvenile retreated and locked himself in a bathroom, and stayed there for about an hour and called the woman. When she arrived, the juvenile got into her car. Two people in the park warned them that Taylor was on his way back to get them. As they left the park, they saw Taylor. The juvenile and woman said that Taylor fired at least three shots, but the shots did not hit them or their vehicle.
Officers responded and found Taylor still at the scene. Taylor was arrested and charged with two counts of aggravated assault and felony reckless endangerment. He is being held in the Kingsport City Jail on a $30,000 bond.
- President Trump and family now land owners in Hawkins County
- Businesses in downtown Marion deck the windows for holiday contest
- UPDATE: Bristol, Tennessee man sentenced to 10 years for child sex crimes
- Sullivan County Highway Department has new tools to clear slippery roads
- UPDATE: Governor Haslam offers $5K reward for info on Bristol Walmart murder