KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is being accused of a door-to-door sales scam.
Kingsport Police say Timothy English, Jr. is a suspect in the case.
Police tell us victims have come forward claiming English is conducting door-to-door sales throughout Kingsport, peddling a product known as Advantage, The Wonder Cleaner.
The product is distributed by RNC Sales, but detectives have learned English is a former employee who was fired by the company. Police say he therefore has no intention or capability of providing the product for which he has accepted payment.
English has been arrested on an unrelated charge.
Anyone who thinks they have been a victim of the scam can call Kingsport Police at (423) 229-9429.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon