KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A Kingsport man is being accused of a door-to-door sales scam.
Kingsport Police say Timothy English, Jr. is a suspect in the case.
Police tell us victims have come forward claiming English is conducting door-to-door sales throughout Kingsport, peddling a product known as Advantage, The Wonder Cleaner.
The product is distributed by RNC Sales, but detectives have learned English is a former employee who was fired by the company. Police say he therefore has no intention or capability of providing the product for which he has accepted payment.
English has been arrested on an unrelated charge.
Anyone who thinks they have been a victim of the scam can call Kingsport Police at (423) 229-9429.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next