KINGSPORT, Tenn. - The people in Kingsport had a chance to dine with local officials Thursday.
The Chamber of Commerce hosted their 9th Annual Legislative BBQ. The BBQ gives people in the community an opportunity to network with Tennessee state legislators and other chamber members.
It's also an opportunity for people to gain insight concerning any issues they have affecting local businesses.
Some of those who were in attendance Thursday included Lieutenant Governor Ron Ramsey, Representative Tony Shipley and Representative Mike Harrison, to name a few.
Nicole Austin with the Chamber of Commerce says the main purpose of the event Thursday was to be served by those who serve you.
"It's just a good opportunity for our membership to hear from our legislators [and] to find out what happened during the session to kind of give a recap," adds Austin. "And to know more about their legislators in a fun and relaxed atmosphere."
This was the 2nd year the BBQ was hosted at the Kingsport Farmers Market.
- New Person of interest identified in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Local overcrowded animal shelter fighting to avoid euthanasia
- More law enforcement agencies in our region looking to carry a lifesaving drug
- Norton clinic improving health for black lung patients
- Lowe's Heroes Project making improvements to Cherokee Elementary School