KINGSPORT, Tenn. - An annual Memorial Day tradition in Kingsport as that city pauses to salute and remember those who've served our country and some who made the ultimate sacrifice.
The service is held at the Veterans Memorial next to Dobyns-Bennett High School and is well attended by family and friends.
The word "remember" was used by each person who spoke.
Most the VFW Posts in the region and veterans groups provide honor guards at funerals for veterans around the region.
Lennis France, a Vietnam Veteran tells us, "It's the last thing we can actually for our brothers and their families. Just being able to help them and pray for them and offer comfort any way we can."
One touching moment during today's event was the placing of small flags on a cross in front of the veterans memorial in remembrance of those lost.
- New Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day