KINGSPORT, Tenn. - UPDATE: as of 8:00PM, Kingsport dispatch reporting that all lanes on Interstate 26 are now open.
Police say eastbound lanes of I-26 were still closed as of 5:30 p.m. on Monday following a deadly crash.
The accident happened near mile marker 9 on Interstate 26. Kingsport Police tell us a tire blew out on a tractor-trailer headed westbound, causing the big rig to lose control.
The semi hit a guardrail, crossed the median and hit a car in the eastbound lane, killing the person in a red Kia.
News 5 WCYB is gathering more facts on this story. Check back for updates.
- Haslam signs bill reducing costs of wiping criminal records
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday