KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A traffic stop leads to drug charges for a Kingsport, Tennessee couple.
Kingsport Police say it all started when officers saw a car speeding through a construction zone. After the car was stopped, police say the driver of that car was identified as Angel Sutherland and the passenger: Johnny Barbour.
Police say, during the traffic stop, detectives noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. They say Barbour admitted to having pot. Police say Barbour also threw down 42 oxycodone pills while police say he was resisting arrest.
Both suspects are now charged with drug possession for resale. Sutherland is also charged with speeding and Barbour is charged with resisting arrest.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction