KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A traffic stop leads to drug charges for a Kingsport, Tennessee couple.
Kingsport Police say it all started when officers saw a car speeding through a construction zone. After the car was stopped, police say the driver of that car was identified as Angel Sutherland and the passenger: Johnny Barbour.
Police say, during the traffic stop, detectives noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. They say Barbour admitted to having pot. Police say Barbour also threw down 42 oxycodone pills while police say he was resisting arrest.
Both suspects are now charged with drug possession for resale. Sutherland is also charged with speeding and Barbour is charged with resisting arrest.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project