KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A traffic stop leads to drug charges for a Kingsport, Tennessee couple.
Kingsport Police say it all started when officers saw a car speeding through a construction zone. After the car was stopped, police say the driver of that car was identified as Angel Sutherland and the passenger: Johnny Barbour.
Police say, during the traffic stop, detectives noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. They say Barbour admitted to having pot. Police say Barbour also threw down 42 oxycodone pills while police say he was resisting arrest.
Both suspects are now charged with drug possession for resale. Sutherland is also charged with speeding and Barbour is charged with resisting arrest.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport