KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A traffic stop leads to drug charges for a Kingsport, Tennessee couple.
Kingsport Police say it all started when officers saw a car speeding through a construction zone. After the car was stopped, police say the driver of that car was identified as Angel Sutherland and the passenger: Johnny Barbour.
Police say, during the traffic stop, detectives noticed a strong odor of marijuana coming from inside the vehicle. They say Barbour admitted to having pot. Police say Barbour also threw down 42 oxycodone pills while police say he was resisting arrest.
Both suspects are now charged with drug possession for resale. Sutherland is also charged with speeding and Barbour is charged with resisting arrest.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire