KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Kingsport City Manager John Campbell has announced he will be retiring.
Campbell made the announcement Tuesday at the city council meeting.
He has worked as the city manager for the past seven years. He has worked in city government for 35 years.
He tell us his last day will be July 1. He says he and his wife are excited to live out the rest of their lives in Kingsport.
The search for his replacement will begin immediately.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake