Kingsport, Tenn. - Our region's Independence Day celebrations started Thursday morning in Kingsport.
It's considered the earliest parade in Northeast Tennessee.
The Mack Riddle American Legion Fourth of July parade had soldiers, veterans, police, firefighters, a congressman, and even some horses.
The crowd was also treated to music by the Dobyns-Bennett High School marching band.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend