Kingsport, Tenn. - Our region's Independence Day celebrations started Thursday morning in Kingsport.
It's considered the earliest parade in Northeast Tennessee.
The Mack Riddle American Legion Fourth of July parade had soldiers, veterans, police, firefighters, a congressman, and even some horses.
The crowd was also treated to music by the Dobyns-Bennett High School marching band.
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million
- Local police agencies offering drug take-back services Saturday
- Domtar announces reduced production at Kingsport plant
- Virginia voter registration deadline extended through Friday
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue