Kingsport, Tenn. - Our region's Independence Day celebrations started Thursday morning in Kingsport.
It's considered the earliest parade in Northeast Tennessee.
The Mack Riddle American Legion Fourth of July parade had soldiers, veterans, police, firefighters, a congressman, and even some horses.
The crowd was also treated to music by the Dobyns-Bennett High School marching band.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway