KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Despite the cloudy day Monday, some people wanted to get one last swim in at the Kingsport Aquatic Center.
Monday wraps up the first season of the outdoor pool, which features a slide, a children's play area and a lazy river.
The pool's assistant director Chase Singleton says this first year has been a great one, even if this summer was wetter than most. "It was a very rainy summer; however it didn't really stop people. As soon as it would stop raining the parking lot would actually fill up, so it was nice," adds Singleton.
The outdoor pool closes Monday and will not open again until Memorial Day.
The indoor pool will be open all year long.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Updated Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event