KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Despite the cloudy day Monday, some people wanted to get one last swim in at the Kingsport Aquatic Center.
Monday wraps up the first season of the outdoor pool, which features a slide, a children's play area and a lazy river.
The pool's assistant director Chase Singleton says this first year has been a great one, even if this summer was wetter than most. "It was a very rainy summer; however it didn't really stop people. As soon as it would stop raining the parking lot would actually fill up, so it was nice," adds Singleton.
The outdoor pool closes Monday and will not open again until Memorial Day.
The indoor pool will be open all year long.
- Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project