KINGSPORT, TENN. - Kingsport Area Transit Service (KATS) is hosting its first ever Customer Appreciation/Try Transit Week beginning May 5th through May 9th to express appreciation to thousands of loyal passengers while welcoming those who haven't yet tried public transit to give KATS a spin.
During the week, prices for all KATS fixed route trips will be cut to 25 cents each way. Meanwhile, Dial-A-Ride ADA/65 service, which responds to rider reservations via van service, will offer SAME DAY SCHEDULING for a limited time as space is available, as well as HALF-PRICE ticket books and $1.00 rides during the month of May.
"You can get to the doctors, friends, the mall, both Walmarts, Target and down town ---all of that by using public transit" said Candace Sherer of K.A.T.S.
Kingsport Area Transit Service operates five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. providing six fixed routes throughout the city.
- New Pedestrian killed trying to cross interstate in Asheville
- Trial date set for Sullivan County man charged with child sex crimes
- Man sentenced after trying to bring meth to Lee County inmates
- Supreme Court may strike law barring sex offenders from social media
- Updated Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN