KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Holston Valley Hospital and Wellmont Foundation are kicking off a fundraising campaign to help their smallest patients.
The campaign will be used to help raise $2.5 million tol go toward a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport.
The project will help double the size of the NICU and relocate to another part of the building.
Officials hope the community will help by investing in the next generation. "We are asking the entire community to participate, both through the Children's Miracle Network Hospital's campaign though Wal-Mart and national sponsors throughout the region, and by considering gifts that would be an investment to the next generation of NICU babies," said Todd Norris, the Wellmont foundation president.
Again, you can donate money for the NICU through the Children's Miracle Network at area Wal-Mart stores, Sam's Clubs, and IHOP restaurants.
They hope to start the project in early 2015.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project