KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Holston Valley Hospital and Wellmont Foundation are kicking off a fundraising campaign to help their smallest patients.
The campaign will be used to help raise $2.5 million tol go toward a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport.
The project will help double the size of the NICU and relocate to another part of the building.
Officials hope the community will help by investing in the next generation. "We are asking the entire community to participate, both through the Children's Miracle Network Hospital's campaign though Wal-Mart and national sponsors throughout the region, and by considering gifts that would be an investment to the next generation of NICU babies," said Todd Norris, the Wellmont foundation president.
Again, you can donate money for the NICU through the Children's Miracle Network at area Wal-Mart stores, Sam's Clubs, and IHOP restaurants.
They hope to start the project in early 2015.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- Updated Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect
- Southwest VA school gets national recognition