KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Holston Valley Hospital and Wellmont Foundation are kicking off a fundraising campaign to help their smallest patients.
The campaign will be used to help raise $2.5 million tol go toward a new Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Holston Valley Medical Center in Kingsport.
The project will help double the size of the NICU and relocate to another part of the building.
Officials hope the community will help by investing in the next generation. "We are asking the entire community to participate, both through the Children's Miracle Network Hospital's campaign though Wal-Mart and national sponsors throughout the region, and by considering gifts that would be an investment to the next generation of NICU babies," said Todd Norris, the Wellmont foundation president.
Again, you can donate money for the NICU through the Children's Miracle Network at area Wal-Mart stores, Sam's Clubs, and IHOP restaurants.
They hope to start the project in early 2015.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend