JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Home Instead Senior Care is accepting nominations for their Salute To Senior Service Award.
You have until March 1, 2014 to nominate a senior online or mail in a paper form.
January Tankersley with Home Instead explained what kind of person they're looking for in an interview with News 5 WCYB, "Any senior who is changing the face of aging by staying mentally and physically active in our community, helping churches, school, or local organizations, giving of their time."
Home Instead will donate $500 to the charity of the winner's choice. The national winner will receive $5,000 towards their favorite charity.
To nominate a senior, click here.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave