JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Home Instead Senior Care is accepting nominations for their Salute To Senior Service Award.
You have until March 1, 2014 to nominate a senior online or mail in a paper form.
January Tankersley with Home Instead explained what kind of person they're looking for in an interview with News 5 WCYB, "Any senior who is changing the face of aging by staying mentally and physically active in our community, helping churches, school, or local organizations, giving of their time."
Home Instead will donate $500 to the charity of the winner's choice. The national winner will receive $5,000 towards their favorite charity.
To nominate a senior, click here.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day