JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. - Home Instead Senior Care is accepting nominations for their Salute To Senior Service Award.
You have until March 1, 2014 to nominate a senior online or mail in a paper form.
January Tankersley with Home Instead explained what kind of person they're looking for in an interview with News 5 WCYB, "Any senior who is changing the face of aging by staying mentally and physically active in our community, helping churches, school, or local organizations, giving of their time."
Home Instead will donate $500 to the charity of the winner's choice. The national winner will receive $5,000 towards their favorite charity.
To nominate a senior, click here.
- Updated Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death