A select number of people get the chance each year to wade into the waters of the Holston River and fish on the property of the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport.
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency announced Tuesday that the registration period has started for the annual catch-and-release opportunity that will occur four times this summer.
Data released by HAAP says the plant began the event in 2009 and 16 people are chosen by random drawing for each event.
Organizers did note that a sewer line break in Weber City, located several miles upstream, could impact the dates for the events scheduled in June and July, depending on the repair schedule of the Scott County project.
For more information on the event, click here or call Bruce Cole at (423) 578-6276.
- Kingsport veteran and his mother receive Holston Habitat home
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 causing delays
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need