KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A new sponsor hopes to make a splash for the Kingsport Aquatic Center.
Holston Medical Group announced a $200,000 sponsorship of the new center Thursday morning. As part of the sponsorship, HMG will provide rehabilitative therapies and classes to its patients the general public in the center's new HMG competition pool.
"The most important thing about it is it leads to better prevention, more health, and more exercise. These are the things, as a community and new health care model, that are critical to provide health care services to everybody in the community," said HMG Ceo Dr. Scott Fowler.
The Aquatic Center pool is the region's only indoor olympic-sized pool.
The Kingsport Aquatic Center indoor facilities will officially open Friday, May 17th. The water park opens May 25th.
- New Another step in the $50 million BVU - Sunset deal
- Heavy machinery stolen in Washington County, Tenn.
- Man convicted in massive crack cocaine conspiracy in northeast Tennessee
- Updated Details released on capture of one escaped inmate from Hawkins County
- Updated Authorities search for violent, dangerous escaped inmate