KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Two people have died after a head-on collision in Kingsport, Tennessee.
According to the Kingsport Police Department, the accident happened just before 9 p.m. Saturday night on Interstate 26 near the 1.6 mile marker.
Police say a 1999 Toyota Camry was driving on the wrong side of the road in the eastbound lanes when it hit a 2002 Camry.
Police say another car, a Nissan Sentra behind the 2002 Camry, also crashed. The driver lost control, ran off the road, and overturned.
The drivers of both Toyotas died from the crash impact. Police say neither of them was wearing a seatbelt.
The driver of the Sentra was wearing a seatbelt and only received minor injuries.
At this time, police say they do not know if drugs, alcohol or speed were factors in the crash.
The names of the deceased drivers are being withheld pending notification of the families.
- Ceremony honors female veterans at Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Johnson City Memorial Day ceremony goes off without hitch, despite stolen flags
- Mountain Home National Cemetery honoring fallen service members on Memorial Day
- Free meals for children in Kingsport begin Tuesday
- Police: Man fired AK-47 from car while driving down highway