KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Excitement is building for this year's FunFest in Kingsport.
Organizers unveiled a new theme Wedndesday morning: "In the Sun and Under the Stars."
Martina McBride and Train are among the main stage performers. Folks can grab their official FunFest gear starting this Friday when the FunFest store opens in the Kingsport Chamber building.
The store hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the week and a half-day on Saturday.
The annual summer festival runs July 11 through July 19.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death