KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Excitement is building for this year's FunFest in Kingsport.
Organizers unveiled a new theme Wedndesday morning: "In the Sun and Under the Stars."
Martina McBride and Train are among the main stage performers. Folks can grab their official FunFest gear starting this Friday when the FunFest store opens in the Kingsport Chamber building.
The store hours are from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the week and a half-day on Saturday.
The annual summer festival runs July 11 through July 19.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting