KINGSPORT, Tenn. - FunFest is Kingsport's biggest event of the year. It kicked off this morning and has been going strong all day.
This evening the FunFest parade marched through downtown. There were gymnasts and puppets entertaining the crowd, and of course what would FunFest be without musicians? There are tons of activities from now until next Saturday, July 19th.
We talked to Ashley Jones at the parade and she tells us it's more than just fun, it's about community spirit. "It represents the whole entire community coming together and everybody celebrating different things and all of that."
Some of the highlights of this year's events include the Crazy 8's 8k run, a kid's fishing derby, as well as several new events. This year's festival will feature concerts by Mercy Me, the Dirty Guv'nahs, Martina McBride, and this year's headliner, Train.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial