KINGSPORT, TENN. - Funfest in Kingsport is set to begin in July. Thousands of people are expected to take part in Funfest activities. That can cause quite a mess and that's why the need is so great for volunteers.
The keep Kingsport beautiful committee is actively recruiting volunteers known as "trash-busters".
The job is simple. You pick up trash and keep Kingsport and Funfest clean.
Robin Cleary says there are some perks with the job. "We use these folks at eleven different events." says Cleary. "We stress environmental education, litter prevention and recycling education."
Trash-busters will get a free t-shirt and get to see some concerts. Contact keep Kingsport beautiful for more information.
- FTC, Wellmont and MSHA speak in front of SWVa. Health Authority
- VP candidate Pence not hurt when plane skids off runway
- Chelsea Clinton garnering young voters at Appalachian State University
- Kingsport man trying to make Halloween attractions accessible to all
- Tennessee voters encouraged to vote early