KINGSPORT, TENN. - Funfest in Kingsport is set to begin in July. Thousands of people are expected to take part in Funfest activities. That can cause quite a mess and that's why the need is so great for volunteers.
The keep Kingsport beautiful committee is actively recruiting volunteers known as "trash-busters".
The job is simple. You pick up trash and keep Kingsport and Funfest clean.
Robin Cleary says there are some perks with the job. "We use these folks at eleven different events." says Cleary. "We stress environmental education, litter prevention and recycling education."
Trash-busters will get a free t-shirt and get to see some concerts. Contact keep Kingsport beautiful for more information.
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets
- Enjoying record high heat in February
- "Compassion International" exhibition in Gray this weekend