KINGSPORT, TENN. - Funfest in Kingsport is set to begin in July. Thousands of people are expected to take part in Funfest activities. That can cause quite a mess and that's why the need is so great for volunteers.
The keep Kingsport beautiful committee is actively recruiting volunteers known as "trash-busters".
The job is simple. You pick up trash and keep Kingsport and Funfest clean.
Robin Cleary says there are some perks with the job. "We use these folks at eleven different events." says Cleary. "We stress environmental education, litter prevention and recycling education."
Trash-busters will get a free t-shirt and get to see some concerts. Contact keep Kingsport beautiful for more information.
- New KPS Global completes $1M expansion in Piney Flats facility
- Exide Technologies withdraws application to reopen, News 5 uncovers dozens of violations in its past
- Southwest Virginia leaders focus on re-entry efforts for inmates
- Wise man who stole ginseng roots given probation
- UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman