KINGSPORT, Tenn. - If your business suffered any loss or damage from last week's flooding in Kingsport, and you did not have flood insurance, an emergency fund has been established to help. We're told the Downtown Kingsport Association has raised 30,000 dollars to help with the flood recovery.
Applications are now available to be picked up at the D.K.A. office on Broad Street. We've learned the submitted applications will be reviewed by a committee. The funds will be awarded proportionately on a case by case basis.
The deadline to submit the completed application is August 17, 2013.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day