KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Work continues toward the August 22nd deadline for renovations to Kingsport's J. Fred Johnson Stadium. But before the completion, comes all of those concerts and events associated with Fun Fest.
The improvement adds an upper deck of seating, a new press box, and improvements for access for the disabled.
Principal Chris Hampton says, "We have worked closely with the City of Kingsport, Fun Fest, to make sure that our concerts are still scheduled, that the stadium, J. Fred Johnson Stadium is not going to be disrupted in regard to its use for Fun Fest."
A community event to begin to sell tickets in the new section will be held Tuesday evening on the field.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin