KINGSPORT, Tenn. - Work continues toward the August 22nd deadline for renovations to Kingsport's J. Fred Johnson Stadium. But before the completion, comes all of those concerts and events associated with Fun Fest.
The improvement adds an upper deck of seating, a new press box, and improvements for access for the disabled.
Principal Chris Hampton says, "We have worked closely with the City of Kingsport, Fun Fest, to make sure that our concerts are still scheduled, that the stadium, J. Fred Johnson Stadium is not going to be disrupted in regard to its use for Fun Fest."
A community event to begin to sell tickets in the new section will be held Tuesday evening on the field.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day