A former Kingsport police officer has pleaded guilty in a sexual misconduct case following an investigation by the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation.
According to the TBI, special agents began investigating allegations of sexual misconduct involving 58-year-old Ralph Cline, Jr., a lieutenant with the Kingsport Police Department. During the investigation, agents found that Cline paid to have sex while on duty and inside his unmarked police vehicle.
Cline pleaded guilty to one count of patronizing prostitution on Monday.
Chief of Police David Quillin provided the following statement below:
“The Kingsport Police Department initially received a tip indicating the possibility that an unnamed K.P.D. officer might be involved in inappropriate/potentially criminal activity.
"In the interest of complete public transparency, K.P.D. self-reported this unverified information to the Office of the 2nd Judicial District Attorney so that a completely unbiased investigation could be conducted by an independent agency.
"As a direct result of the findings of this investigation, Ralph Cline is no longer employed by the Kingsport Police Department. The matter has been adjudicated in court and is now considered closed.”
- New Travelers at Tri-Cities airport experiencing issues after Atlanta power outage
- "Toys from Cops" event helps kids in need in Sullivan County
- Johnson City man arrested in connection to string of auto burglaries
- Suspect arrested after leading Washington County, VA deputies on a high speed chase
- The disappearance of Jessica Garino: a search for the truth