KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A group of workers fired from the Sullivan County Highway Department has filed lawsuit in federal court in Greeneville wanting to go back to work.
The workers were fired earlier this year when interim highway commissioner Bobby Manning took office.
Manning said the workers were eliminated in a budget saving measure.
Kingsport based attorney Bruce Shine filed the suit Monday on behalf of the seven workers.
In the lawsuit, the workers are asking for a jury trial in hopes of having their jobs reinstated, receiving back pay, attorneys fees paid.
- New Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin