KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A group of workers fired from the Sullivan County Highway Department has filed lawsuit in federal court in Greeneville wanting to go back to work.
The workers were fired earlier this year when interim highway commissioner Bobby Manning took office.
Manning said the workers were eliminated in a budget saving measure.
Kingsport based attorney Bruce Shine filed the suit Monday on behalf of the seven workers.
In the lawsuit, the workers are asking for a jury trial in hopes of having their jobs reinstated, receiving back pay, attorneys fees paid.
- Updated Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Updated Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game
- Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger