KINGSPORT, Tenn. - A group of workers fired from the Sullivan County Highway Department has filed lawsuit in federal court in Greeneville wanting to go back to work.
The workers were fired earlier this year when interim highway commissioner Bobby Manning took office.
Manning said the workers were eliminated in a budget saving measure.
Kingsport based attorney Bruce Shine filed the suit Monday on behalf of the seven workers.
In the lawsuit, the workers are asking for a jury trial in hopes of having their jobs reinstated, receiving back pay, attorneys fees paid.
- Four charged in Church Hill home invasion case
- FTC warns there would be 'significant risk' if MSHA, Wellmont merger is approved
- Suspected Bristol bank robber waives preliminary hearing
- Justin Timberlake on Tenn. voting controversy: "I had no idea."
- Updated MLB commish says he plans to meet with Indians owner on logo