BLOUNTVILLE, Tenn. - Testimony got underway in an eight-year-old double murder trial Wednesday morning in Blountville.
Leslie Ware is the last defendant out of several who were charged in the killings of Jeffrin Nolan and Terrence Alexander at the Sole Candle Shop in Kingsport.
Ware is charged with both first degree murders.
Prosecutors told the jury that Ware pulled the trigger that killed Nolan.
Detectives say the shop was a front for Nolan's cocaine business, a business prosecutors say the group went there to rob.
"You will reach the conclusion that the defendant is guilty of the premeditated murder of Jeffrin Nolan," assistant DA Gene Perrin said in court. "The defendant is [also] guilty of the premeditated murder of Terrence Alexander."
Defense attorney Woody Smith made statements in court as well. "The big doubt that I would expect that you will have in your mind after you have heard the state's proof is whether Mr. Leslie ware is a part of it," he told hte jury.
Most of the co-defendants in this case are expected to take the stand and testify against Ware.
The trial is expected to last through next week.
- New Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial