KINGSPORT, Tenn. - East Tennessee State University is expanding into downtown Kingsport, offering classes starting in January 2013.
We learned the university intends to offer primarily upper-division courses at the downtown site, while mostly freshman and sophomore-level courses will continue to be taught at ETSU at Kingsport, located near Allandale Mansion.
ETSU graduate student Caleb Tull tells News 5 this is a great way to help Kingsport workers gain higher degrees without having to travel to Johnson City. "It's nice because if you can't make it to us, we'll come to you and that's an excellent mentality and furthers the ETSU community relationship," he said.
They are hoping through this partnership, they will be able to better serve students in the surrounding counties of Virginia where border-county tuition rates are offered.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction